56575Re: GoPro Multi-Camera Cables

  • panovrx
    Apr 19, 2013
      btw there have been a couple of reports online from visitors to the Gopro stand at NAB2013 that there will be a 3d kit for Gopro 3's in
      summer" or "end of the year" and that they were showing samples

      a 3d kit doesnt mean though that there would be a genlock solution for more than two cameras

      the Sony rival to Gopro btw seems nice in some ways -- better low light than Hero2, image stabilisation, less conspicuous hand held profile

      PeterM

      > They set the cameras up in "One button mode" so on a press the cameras start up and shoot either a still or video. But they dont say that they will be in accurate sync for video. In fact they say
      > "They record a sound track for synchronization using PluralEyes or similar software." .. so they are saying you need to use video editing software to do postprocessing sync -- which means the sync wont be better than a single frame. But it might work for stills .. I am not sure.
      >
      > PeterM
      >
      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Giorgio Marchetto <mail@> wrote:
      > >
      > > http://cam-do.com/pentapus.html
      > >
      > > could this be useful for camera synchronization in a 360 rig?
      > >
      > > this website has a lot of interesting hacks about gopro.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic