56344Re: HDR tools for Large Panos

  • kilgore661@btinternet.com
    Mar 5, 2013
      I may have given you the impression that I know more about Adobe products that I in fact do (next to nothing), but I'm afraid I don't really understand what you are saying.

      My files are in the .hdr format which Lightroom doesn't recognise. I am aware that there is a 32-bit photoshop file format but this is not the format my files are in. I haven't heard of 32-bit tiff files unless you mean what I know as BigTiff files.

      It seems to me the ways forward are either (1) re-make my HDR files as 32-bit .psb files which means days of re-work or (2) find a way of converting my .hdr files to 32-bit .psb/.tif.

      Is that right?

      Thanks for your help by the way!

      > to be precise: there isn't anything you can do in lightroom you can't
      > do in camera raw as they're using the same engine.
      >
      > so 32-bit treatment works very fine from camera raw 7.1+. just force
      > photoshop to open tiffs and psd/psb files in camera raw instead of
      > directly opening them in photoshop.
      >
      > what you can't do in photoshop is the new light/shadow editing in LR/CR
      > which is superior to any photoshop internal color/contrast tools
      > especially for 32 bit images. the clarity adjustment in LR/CR can only
      > partly replaced in photoshop by high radius unsharp masking.
      >
      > Am 05.03.13 12:16, schrieb kilgore661@...:
      > > I don't have Lightroom but as I understand it, there isn't anything you
      > > can do in Lightroom that you can't do in Photoshop which I do have.
      > >
      > > Thanks for the idea though.
      > >
      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "David" wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Did you look at Lightroom (4.1+) which now supports developing of
      > > 32bit tiff files?
      > > >
      > > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com

      > > images. I have been using Photomatix but in my experience that is
      > > limited to images of about 30,000 x 15,000 pixels and my images can be
      > > lot larger than this.

      > > Photoshop CS5) but they all seem to assume your image will e.g. fit into
      > > 32 bits, and I was hoping someone may already have better knowledge
      > > about what's out there.

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic