56342Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: HDR tools for Large Panos

  • Thomas Bredenfeld
    Mar 5, 2013
      to be precise: there isn't anything you can do in lightroom you can't
      do in camera raw as they're using the same engine.

      so 32-bit treatment works very fine from camera raw 7.1+. just force
      photoshop to open tiffs and psd/psb files in camera raw instead of
      directly opening them in photoshop.

      what you can't do in photoshop is the new light/shadow editing in LR/CR
      which is superior to any photoshop internal color/contrast tools
      especially for 32 bit images. the clarity adjustment in LR/CR can only
      partly replaced in photoshop by high radius unsharp masking.

      Am 05.03.13 12:16, schrieb kilgore661@...:
      > I don't have Lightroom but as I understand it, there isn't anything you
      > can do in Lightroom that you can't do in Photoshop which I do have.
      >
      > Thanks for the idea though.
      >
      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "David" wrote:
      > >
      > > Did you look at Lightroom (4.1+) which now supports developing of
      > 32bit tiff files?
      > >
      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "kilgore661@" wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I'm looking for some software to tone map/fuse large panoramic
      > images. I have been using Photomatix but in my experience that is
      > limited to images of about 30,000 x 15,000 pixels and my images can be
      > lot larger than this.
      > > >
      > > > I'm looking at alternative progams (Oleono HDREngine, TuFuse,
      > Photoshop CS5) but they all seem to assume your image will e.g. fit into
      > 32 bits, and I was hoping someone may already have better knowledge
      > about what's out there.

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic