56235Re: [PanoToolsNG] Html5 xml and image encyrption

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Feb 10, 2013
      Nothing is completely out of the question... making a spherical projection using only JS, CSS and HTML is 100 possible for sure, the problem is that we haven't found a way to do it.. (the "we" covers my programmer, google's programmers and other panorama people in the software creation field... as far as I am aware).  We have a working model made that way, so the concept is proven on our end, but to get a fully working solution for all browsers is again a problem... along with a lot of math etc.

      Trausti

      On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Christian Bloch <Blochi@...> wrote:

      Hmm… I see.

      The math for pin-pointing the current FOV in the map is easier in equirect. So could it be possible to use a tiled equirect? I mean, the cube map is used because it gives a better pixel yield under the current limitations and the cube is constructed from only 6 polygons. Is constructing a sphere out of - let's say - 288 polygons (12 by 24) completely out of the question? Provided the equirect is delivered in 288 tiles that match the polygons, wouldn't it be possible then?

      Blochi

      On Feb 10, 2013, at 9:24 AM, Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

       If equirectanguar images could be used for panos in mobile devices (while online and not as apps), this would be a straight forward thing to do, but we are limited to having to use cubefaces, and that is where the problem is.

    • Show all 82 messages in this topic