56180Re: Nikon D800 & Nodal Ninja/Fanotec review posted on vrphotography.com

  • giant_klobasa_monster
    Jan 31, 2013
      Wow, what an in-depth article, really great!

      just reading through it now. i see this:

      "For example, by shooting with a Nikkor 16mm full frame fisheye lens, you can capture an entire spherical view for effective stitching with six images (pan 60° between each) plus zenith (straight up) and nadir (straight down). If you shot these with a Nikon D3 (a 12 megapixel camera) at full resolution, your stitched panorama winds up about 11,000 x 5,500 pixels (or 170MB). Doing the same thing with a D800 yields a stitched panorama roughly 19,800 x 9,900 pixels (560MB). While this is great for high resolution wall prints and enlargements, it's impractically large for most interactive VR panoramas published on the web."

      but if you publish panos in multiresolution there is no issue with file size / resolution, right?
      (i know, not yet on iOS but that will be solved)

      Jeffrey

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Scott Highton wrote:

      > VR friends,
      >
      > I have just posted an in-depth review of the Nikon D800 / D800e camera
      > on the vrphotography.com web site.
      >
      > The extensive review, done from particular viewpoint of VR
      > photographers, also includes discussion of Nodal Ninja pan heads and
      > Fanotec poles in relation to their use with the D800.
      >
      > See: http://www.vrphotography.com/data/pages/casestudies/nikond800review0213.html
      >
      > Please feel free to send your comments, and to forward the link to
      > your social media and online communities.
      >
      > Regards,
      >

      > Scott
      >
      > Scott Highton
      > Author, Virtual Reality Photography