56125Re: How to create a high resolution image of a hammer

  • johntunley
    Jan 25, 2013
      Thanks Erik,

      I looked at Zerene Stacker too but I found that Photoshop did a good job, at least in this instance, so I stayed with the software I had available. If time permits, I'll compare the Photoshop results with Zerene and Helicon.

      The final images will be shown in the UK at Format:

      http://formatfestival.com

      Thanks for the link to the telecentric lens articles which are worth a more detailed look, unfortunately timescales prevent that just now.

      Regards,

      John T

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Erik Krause wrote:

      > Am 23.01.2013 11:44, schrieb johntunley:
      > > I don't at present have a focus slider so decided to give lens focus
      > > adjustment a try and produced two more stitched images at different
      > > focus planes..
      >
      > Inspired by your question I searched a bit and found Zerene Stacker, a
      > program made by a (former) member of this group, Rik Littlefield. There
      > is a lot of information at http://zerenesystems.com/ and interestingly
      > he favors the focus ring method.
      >
      > He is also administrator at http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/ where
      > you can find a real wealth of information, including how to create and
      > use a telecentric lens system, which allows for perspective-less focus
      > stacking and stitching.
      >
      > --
      > Erik Krause
      > http://www.erik-krause.de