55871Re: How do you hide the shadows in a 360 pano ?

  • pedro_silva58
    Dec 3, 2012
      hi johann!

      to avoid having shadows in the final panorama, you need to have all areas with shadows, appear in other images, without the shadows. so, first, mind your own shadow! second, you may need to move the tripod, and shoot the ground from a different position, and then use viewpoint correction in ptgui pro. it helps to plan ahead, eg, make sure the tripod shadow doesn't go from ground to building, or some other complex 3d thing.

      as a last resort, play in your favorite image editor, trying to match luminosity, colors, etc, to make shadows less obvious. you would need considerable editing skills for a good result, me thinks.

      hope this helps!
      cheers,
      pedro

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Johann Victor <corswors@...> wrote:

      > Hi Erik.
      >
      > I use Ptgui Pro. I did mask all of the tripod shadows im images but when
      > stitched images it leaves a black background.
      >

      > On 1 December 2012 15:32, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Am 01.12.2012 10:10, schrieb Johann:
      > > > I took 6 images all around at a 5degree angle upwards with 8mm F3.5
      > > > Sigma and Canon 450D ,masked out tripod at ex: image 5 of the area of
      > > > were tripod is visible but im still getting the tripod in stitched
      > > > pano Why doesn't the tripod hide even though i have masked tripod at
      > > > image 5 ?
      > >
      > > What Software do you use? Assuming you use PTGui: Mask the tripod legs
      > > in all images where they appear. This should hide the tripod. For the
      > > shadows see Tom Sharpless' new tutorial:
      > > http://wiki.panotools.org/Remove_tripod_shadows
      > >
      > > --
      > > Erik Krause
      > > http://www.erik-krause.de