55574Re: Q-TOP

  • bw19h
    Oct 1, 2012
      Hi Juergen, i wonder if you have series 1 or 2 of the Q-Top.
      With series one the male and female are not in line.
      it series 2 it is.

      The Q-Top I gave Erik Leeman for repair is a RED one.
      One of the 12 refurbished old stock items.
      Marc Karies had 10 of them I guess.
      The female hole in the base is made new and missing some "screw/tread' parts.
      And because of to much room inside I could damage it.

      I made mistakes with 2 of my other (old stock)BLUE Q-Tops but they still work.
      Erik Leeman did make the CGI from my RED one I guess.
      But the RED refurbished unit is not what it should be, Qwise
      Series 2 Blue it is.

      Got a mail from Mr Emmerich (www.qtop.eu) to send it in for free repair.
      Thanks Peter !

      .

      > Q-Top is the best and fastest quick release I've ever seen. Unfortunately it's a bit pricey but I use it for all my tripod heads on two tripods.
      >
      > Repair of a bent pin is quite easy, the one in my oldest sometimes gets stuck when I tip the tripod over or something similar happens. It can be unmounted and some gentle treatment with a small hammer makes it moving smooth again.
      >
      > As a plus for panographers it can even substitute a 12 stop rotator if needed.
      >

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "bw19h" <celsius@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Erik,
      > > I doubt that the new generation panopeople visiting this list ever heard of the quality QM from Germany or know that the design has had a second batch of production.
      > > (for sale at: http://www.fotokonijnenberg.nl/search.html?searchfield=q-top)
      > >
      > > The design can be improved as your CGI shows.
      > > Thanks for sharing and I hope you can repare mine ;-)
      > > grtz!
      > >

      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "erik_leeman" <erik.leeman@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Some of you may own one or more of those wonderful Q-TOP quick release couplings, and hopefully you've all carefully read the manual ; )
      > > > Then you must have seen the warning about the maximum length of the thread that screws into the base. But maybe you were wondering what would go wrong?
      > > > Here's an image that shows what could happen:
      > > >
      > > > <http://www.flickr.com/photos/erik-nl/8038640555/>
      > > >
      > > > Don't worry, I didn't actually cut one of those beauties in half.
      > > > The (computer generated) image is based on a second generation Q-TOP that was damaged by screwing it onto a tripod with a 3/8" thread that was too long. Not by me, but it could happen to anyone.
      > > >
      > > > For those unfamiliar with those brilliant Q-TOPs here's a link for some info:
      > > > <http://www.qtop.eu/33.htm>
      > > >
      > > > Cheers!
      > > >
      > > > Erik Leeman
      > > >
      > > > <http://www.flickr.com/photos/erik-nl/>