55573Re: Q-TOP

  • jrgen_schrader
    Oct 1, 2012
      Q-Top is the best and fastest quick release I've ever seen. Unfortunately it's a bit pricey but I use it for all my tripod heads on two tripods.

      Repair of a bent pin is quite easy, the one in my oldest sometimes gets stuck when I tip the tripod over or something similar happens. It can be unmounted and some gentle treatment with a small hammer makes it moving smooth again.

      As a plus for panographers it can even substitute a 12 stop rotator if needed.

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "bw19h" <celsius@...> wrote:

      > Erik,
      > I doubt that the new generation panopeople visiting this list ever heard of the quality QM from Germany or know that the design has had a second batch of production.
      > (for sale at: http://www.fotokonijnenberg.nl/search.html?searchfield=q-top)
      >
      > The design can be improved as your CGI shows.
      > Thanks for sharing and I hope you can repare mine ;-)
      > grtz!
      >

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "erik_leeman" <erik.leeman@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Some of you may own one or more of those wonderful Q-TOP quick release couplings, and hopefully you've all carefully read the manual ; )
      > > Then you must have seen the warning about the maximum length of the thread that screws into the base. But maybe you were wondering what would go wrong?
      > > Here's an image that shows what could happen:
      > >
      > > <http://www.flickr.com/photos/erik-nl/8038640555/>
      > >
      > > Don't worry, I didn't actually cut one of those beauties in half.
      > > The (computer generated) image is based on a second generation Q-TOP that was damaged by screwing it onto a tripod with a 3/8" thread that was too long. Not by me, but it could happen to anyone.
      > >
      > > For those unfamiliar with those brilliant Q-TOPs here's a link for some info:
      > > <http://www.qtop.eu/33.htm>
      > >
      > > Cheers!
      > >
      > > Erik Leeman
      > >
      > > <http://www.flickr.com/photos/erik-nl/>