55493Re: inexpensive options for 180 deg fisheye capturing

  • Hans
    Sep 19, 2012
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Lars O. Grobe" <grobe@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I am currently looking into available option for capturing 180 deg
      > circular fisheyes at rather low prices (limit about 350$).

      You do not say if you have a DSLR available or if you with 350$ mean both camera and lens.
      If you have a 5D or a Nikon fullframe the Peleng is just $300.
      http://www.peleng8.com/peleng-8mm-canon.html

      There is also a nice fisheye converter for the Sony but of course you have to have the Sony.
      http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=VCLECF1

      Hans

      > Basically I find so-called actioncams coming with 170 deg, which would
      > be enough, but not providing any advanced features on the camera body.
      > Especially taking raw image files and remot-control is typically not
      > available. I also have doubts on the optical quality of the very cheap
      > products...
      >
      > For compact cameras, there are adapters available, converting down to
      > f*0.15. This would allow to freely choose the camera for features.
      > Again, I have my doubts when it comes to the optical quality especially
      > when using these adapter lenses.
      >
      > Mirror balls are not an option in this case.
      >
      > My requirements:
      >
      > At least 170, better 180 deg circular fov.
      > Little abberation and vignetting.
      > Raw-image data.
      >
      > What I do not care too much about:
      >
      > The absolute resolution is not that critical.
      > Weight, size, handling.
      >
      > Where should I start?
      >
      > Thanks, cheers, Lars.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic