54133Re: aberration correction in acr 6.7

  • Hans
    May 4, 2012

      > Pretty crappy image Hans for a comparison, little good subject matter to see
      > aberration and the background layer one is over sharpened and has sharpening
      > halos comparatively.
      >
      > I still think Layer 1 is better in aberration.. but its close enough not to
      > care about any more.

      Layer 1 is the 6.7 auto correction for the Tokina.

      Sharpening is set exactly the same , if you can see a difference it is because it has been changed in Camera Raw.

      I used a high setting of 114/0.6 because it makes CA more visible.

      The image is chosen because it is typical for the worst problem the blue fringe which is not CA and has not been changed in the new camera Raw. It is still the same option to choose in the manual settings.
      The Auto CA is an option in the profile settings which is completely wrong of course as many people never will find it. It should be together with Defringe.

      The Nikon 10.5 example was auto for the background image. Unfortunately I forgot to change the colorprofile to the same so colors are not the same. I believe the difference you se is more because of this than the CA.

      Hans

      > Thanks for the examples.
      >

      > Best Regards,
      >

      > Sacha Griffin