53355Re: OT - creating spatial models from 3 panoramas

  • erik_leeman
    Feb 25, 2012
      My pleasure, glad you like it : )

      I think in time for interactive purposes this technology is likely to replace spherical panoramas as we know them today.
      It leans VERY hard on reasonably contemporary hardware though, 24GB of RAM and a pretty capable CPU+GPU hardly cut it if you want to capture a lot of detail. For extended scenes we're back to processing times of 10 hours and more, like we were used to with PTGui not so long ago.
      But no doubt that will change quickly enough.

      Erik Leeman

      <http://www.flickr.com/photos/erik-nl/> <http://www.erikleeman.com>

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, wrote:
      > Thanks for the tip on Agisoft Photoscan.
      > Matt
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic