53078Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: What Output Software Do You Use?

  • Pat Swovelin
    Feb 1, 2012
      On 2/1/2012 4:05 PM, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
      På Thu, 02 Feb 2012 00:09:52 +0100, skrev Pat Swovelin <panoramas@...>:

      On 2/1/2012 2:35 PM, edclix wrote:
      I do pretty much the same thing, but I'm curious as to why all the
      responders are finishing with Pano2VR. Is something lacking in PTGui
      for final output I'm not aware of, or does Pano2VR offer better
      results, ease of use, what?

      If you output directly from PTGui how can you fix any seam problems or
      sharpen it or color balance it or ... well you get the idea.

      Easy - just edit the equirect in Photoshop or similar and reload and export cube faces.
      I always do that, as I don't usually shoot nadir, and need to edit it in PS anyway.

      If a client absolutely demands to have it in iOS-comaptible format I do that from PTgui too.
      It limits the possibiltes for GUI, tours, hotspots etc, but apparently it works fine on iPhones etc (never seen it myself).

      No matter what device they're presented on VR tours are so much more than a single panorama, at the minimum they are a series of panoramas linked together with a UI that allows the site visitor to easily navigate from one to the other and to know where they are at any given time.

      My workflow is:
      AcDSee - PTgui - PS - PTgui - FPP/Flashificator

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:

      My workflow uses Lightroom, Photoshop, PT GUI and Pano2VR. What software
      are you using for that last step?

      Pat Swovelin
      Cool Guy @ Large
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic