52534Re: Information commissioner: very final !

  • Hans
    Dec 1, 2011
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Matt Smith <masmith@...> wrote:

      > I was thinking more in the direction of
      >
      > WHAT IS AN EVENT?
      > In the eyes of the court that is...

      Yes this is vey true.

      I just went through the panoramas with people in them I have published at panoramas.dk and found that almost all of them can be defined as an event.

      However if we look at the ones I have done for Arounder Copenhagen http://copenhagen.arounder.com/
      and Arounder Aarhus http://aarhus.arounder.com/
      There are many illegal according to the Slovenian law.

      However even among these there are several which may be difficult to define.
      For example what about this one.
      http://copenhagen.arounder.com/en/city-tour/amalienborg-guardshift-1.html

      That is a daily event in Copenhagen.

      Or what about the tourists at the Little Mermaid
      http://copenhagen.arounder.com/en/city-tour/the-little-mermaid.html

      Hans

      > Matt Smith
      > PhotoSpherix
      > 317.396.5791
      > Spin 360 Product Photography
      > Indianapolis, Indiana USA
      > http://www.photospherix.com
      >
      > On Dec 1, 2011, at 5:19 AM, Robert Slade wrote:
      >
      > > Bostjan,
      > >
      > > I have been following your plight, and really sorry to hear this latest
      > > awful news for you. Perhaps this is the problem when people with limited
      > > technical understanding become regulators.
      > >
      > > Your story has hit some of the professional photography mailing lists in
      > > the UK, so more and more people are aware of your situation.
      > >
      > > Does the Information Commissioner of Slovenia define precisely the
      > > boundary between a stills photograph and a "Virtual Reality Panorama"?
      > > Perhaps there is some way to fall outside of their definition e.g. if
      > > they mention 360x180 then produce a 360x179 degree panorama.
      > >
      > > How do they intend to check that you have deleted the source files?
      > > Surely these qualify as ordinary stills anyway? Can you store them
      > > online or mail a hard disk of images abroad?
      > >
      > > Don't let them do this to you!
      > >
      > > Best wishes,
      > > Rob
      > > --
      > >
      > > Bostjan Burger wrote:
      > >>

      > >> Now it seems very final. I hope that I have translated correctly:
      > >> Information commissioner of Slovenia has declared that Virtual Reality
      > >> panorama is collecting and maintenance of the personal data.
      > >
      > > --
      > > Robert Slade, Photographer
      > > Manor Photography 07890 564889
      > > http://www.manor-photography.com