52169Re: [PanoToolsNG] Advice on shooting long mural

  • Roger Howard
    Nov 1, 2011

      On Nov 1, 2011, at 3:03 AM, paul womack wrote:

      Is it possible to shoot a reference item (e.g. colorchecker)
      in each frame to allow for post-production
      lighting correction.

      Yes - we'd already decided we needed to shoot a ColorChecker target - not every frame, as we can balance between frames, but depending on the time of day up to every 5-10 minutes (~ every 5-10 frames). There are some common colors in the mural, in the outline, and in the credit blocks, we can also use as semi-objective references for color/density matching across frames, but yes - the photo assistant will probably spend much of her time running back and forth with a ColorChecker SG.

      -R
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic