50259Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Lytro Camera Lets You Focus Photos After You Take Them

  • Roger D Williams
    Jun 23, 2011
      On Jun 23, 2011, at 8:40 PM, "prague" <panoramas@...> wrote:

      > but something's gotta give
      >
      > i guess the resoulution might be 1 megapixel or less?
      >
      > still works ok for the instagram crowd though.

      i would guess at least double that, because in his dissertation, written a few years ago when the top digital cameras had sensors capable of 10Mp, he said that no more than 2Mp was needed for the most popular print size of 4 x 5".

      Also by moving the lenticular array closer to or further away from the sensor surface, the camera could be optimized for either greater resolution or depth of field. I don't know if the first generation camera will offer this, but it might...

      Roger W.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic