48943Re: [PanoToolsNG] The Epson International Pano Awards

  • Don Bain
    Apr 2, 2011
      Thank you Ken, I do so enjoy your negative views on just about everything.

      This has been discussed before, but just to be clear let me say it again.

      Many contests charge for entry, and often a lot more than this. The fees charged for entry go mostly towards the costs of running the contest. The organizers do not aim to make a lot of money, they hope to cover costs and some of their time.

      I am not one of the organizers, I just agreed to help set up the new VR/360 category and publicize this within the VR community. I am doing this because I think it is good publicity for VR panoramas and a way for people working in that area to earn some public recognition. I am not being paid monetarily or in any other way.

      The other volunteers in this effort are the judges, respected members of this community - Scott Highton, Keith Martin, Aaron Spence, Matthias Taugwalder, and Pat Swovelin. They are not being compensated for their time either, plus they are disqualified from entering.

      Don

      On Apr 2, 2011, at 10:50 AM, Ken Warner wrote:

      > Create a random award and the narcissism in all of us swiftlyrises
      > to the surface -- to the benefit of those who charge to enter
      > the contest. "Pay us and we'll tell you who you are better than..."
      >
      > Sorry -- my brain wrote this -- I am not responsible for content.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic