48406Re: 360 video is pushing hard!

  • zakaTo
    Mar 1, 2011
      I guess you all mean the yellow ladybug like camera at yellowbird's front page. I too agree that the quality, stiching and blending looks really good in this video if it is a ladybug.

      A few weeks back there was this other fantastic 360 video, the one filmed from the helicopter (http://www.nimmobay.com/media/360-video/360-video-nimmo-bay-helicopter-resort) that was shot using six "prosumer grade" cameras (see full info at http://360videoblog.blogspot.com/search?q=nimmo). The stiching and blending of the heli video was for me the best I've seen so far at that time ... much better than that of dodecas or ladybugs ... and I guess the resulting resolution should be more than enough as to record full HD ... processing of the separate images looks quite time consuming though! (I just wonder the 6 camera+lens combo used in this video)

      > > And the camera in their setup looks like a Ladybug 2......
      > The camera looks like a Ladybug indeed, but the video quality doesn't. This is seriously some of the best ladybug footage I have seen sofar. How come these guys can get quality video out of these cameras, while google clearly can't (ref: google arts project).
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic