47849Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Google Art Project

  • Ignacio Ferrando Margelí
    Feb 1, 2011
      Yes, I agree,

      now there is a problem to the professionals like me that can't offer all these work for free, like Google...

      will be able to do a good panorama of a museum and link to the google artwork photos??

      maybe I can try to sell that I can do the panos better but nobody will pay to repeat these artworks....

      El 01/02/2011, a las 13:57, aaronmspence escribi�:

      > The actual artwork photography is Ok, you can see they've gone to a lot of trouble do to it well in the 'behind the scenes' video here: http://www.googleartproject.com/c/faq
      > But shoehorning StreetView into the mix is woeful. They needed to completely rethink streetview tech for working inside small areas at high quality. Both items Streetview was not designed for, and does very poorly at.
      > Aaron Spence.
      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ahoeben41" <aldo@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Be prepared to be depressed (about the lack of quality of the panoramic work).
      > > http://www.googleartproject.com/
      > >
      > > It looks like they sent a single photographer to all these museums who did not know how to change exposure or whitebalance settings in the camera.
      > >
      > > If there is ever a reason for good photography, it is when doing photos showing the works of masters. I can't imagine the museums are happy with this representation of their collections.

      Ignacio Ferrando Margel�

      Abaco Digital