47311Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: What is the actual Field of View?

  • paul womack
    Jan 7, 2011
      Michel Thoby wrote:

      > Finally and as Erik suggests, when stitching of individual images is considered then distortion correction, warping and therefore interpolation shall be always involved, thus making all lenses nearly equal when distortion is only concerned.

      Yes - I've been banging on for years that lens designers should effectively allow
      high levels of post-correctible errors in their designs, if it allows
      the reduction of non-post-correctible errors.

      BugBear
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic