47305Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: What is the actual Field of View?

    Jan 6, 2011
      Am 06.01.2011 21:18, schrieb engstrom_henrik:

      > This gives a nominal hfov of 56.3 deg, not 57.5. It is still not
      > exactly the same as the measured 55.5, but closer. The difference in
      > focal length has dropped to 1.7%, compared to the previous 4%.

      The datasheet states a certain amount of barrel distortion, which
      changes the actual FoV compared to the theoretical value you get from
      focal length.

      > I have considered using zoom lenses so one can fine-tune the hfov
      > before mounting them. But the zoom lenses I have seen have so much
      > more lens distortion then fix focal lenses so this will be a last
      > resort.

      Will the images of this lenses actually be stitched using one of the
      panotools based stitchers (hugin, PTGui...) or will they be used
      otherwise? Panotools lens correction model can very well deal even with
      strong and unusal distortions. See
      http://wiki.panotools.org/Lens_correction_model for details.