47203Re: Best settings for autopano to connect all images?

  • prague
    Jan 3, 2011
      hi,

      you are using the autopano plugin inside ptgui to create control points?

      not sure why you'd want to do that. it's about 4 years old - quite slow and out of date by now. the ptgui control point generator is much (10x ?) faster and otherwise better.

      you can also try the autopano pro software, which sometimes does a better job guessing the unknown positions of images.

      if your images "Not all of them have many details" as you say, then you might need to make manual control points yourself - in that case ptgui is easier to use IMO.

      Jeffrey

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Manfred Kr�ger <Manfred_Kroeger@...> wrote:

      > Hi!
      >
      > I'm trying to find the best settings for autopano but it's not that
      > easy. I recently took a lot of pictures with different exposures to
      > create HDR images. Not all of them have many details and PTGui and
      > autopano quite often fail to find control points but since I don't use a
      > tripod I found out that I get the best results if all overlapping images
      > are linked by control points.
      >
      > Unfortunately PTGui does not support the user in creating that many
      > control points. It can show me which pictures are overlapping and are
      > not linked by control points. Ok, that's a first step but then I have to
      > click on the link to the two images and afterwards I have to click on
      > "Generate control points for images 1 and 2". That's not what I call the
      > optimum workflow... PTGui knows which images are linked so it could run
      > autopano on all those image pairs. But that would mean that autopano
      > would have to find control points for the images multiple times (1 and
      > 2, 1 and 3, 2 and 3, 2 and 4, ...) which also is not the best way since
      > it would take a long time.
      >
      > I would like to run autopano only once.
      >
      > I found out that autopano has can search for control points for all
      > image pairs but I have not found out how to get this to work. There are
      > too many other settings that have to be set.
      >
      > Currently I use these settings:
      >
      > /keys:4 /size:2500 /ransac_dist:40 /ransac_iter:2500000 /search:1
      >
      > I don't know where I found them but they work quite good for my pictures
      > (Nikon D90).
      >

      > I know I have to change the search algorithm to 3. Has somebody tried
      > this algorithm and found values for all the other settings that really work?
      >

      > Best regards,
      > Manfred

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic