45732Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: How to design a good streetview rig

  • Jan Martin
    Oct 31, 2010
      Hi Peter,

      thanks for the links.

      I am aware of such "planar mirror" systems.
      Problem is that the more components one has, the more challenging it becomes
      to arrange them precisely. Also one would have to find the right
      optical-grade mirrors and then to cut them.
      Standard mirrors like in bathrooms actually produce two images, one from the
      front glass surface and one from the mirror surface on the back of the glass

      My goal is to provide a design that can be copied relatively easily.
      CNC is available worldwide and cheap.

      Even if it would be nice to have such a rig, I will not try to make one by
      myself.

      Jan

      --
      http://www.DIY-streetview.org