45714Re: Gigapixels might get a new blast

    Oct 31, 2010
      Am 31.10.2010 11:02, schrieb johnmyrstad:
      > The interesting part is the new (patented? )file system which lets
      > the software access image data in a fractal way and use these
      > "fractal views" in realtime.

      "Fractal" is still a buzzword and it guarantees for attention especially
      from those who don't exactly understand what it means.

      However, a file format that stores an image pyramid in a non-redundant
      way would be very good. But I doubt you need a patent for that. The old
      Kodak Photo CD format PCD had this feature and I bet there are some more
      (and more flexible) formats. But the market accepts new file formats
      very slowly if at all. See PNG or Jpeg2000...