44945[PanoToolsNG] Re: new jpeg alternative

  • Keith Martin
    Oct 3, 2010
      > > Remote desktops does not work that good even on a fast computer.

      >your main issue is bandwidth of the network connection and the
      >protocol (image-based (remote framebuffer) or X Window System-like)

      True. I used LogMeIn on my iPad to connect to my home Mac in order to
      stitch a panorama using PTGui. So by Trausti's hyper-positive logic
      PTGui runs on my iPad. :-)

      (The process wasn't exactly smooth - but then, I was in a field at a
      festival, connecting over 3G. It worked, but it isn't something I'd
      do other than as a technical exercise or in extreme emergencies.)