44914Re: [PanoToolsNG] new jpeg alternative

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Oct 1, 2010
      :) 75% and more cut in size can be achieved on some images. 4mb image
      could end up being only 1mb. That would be a huge improvement.

      Is this the "FINAL MAXIMUM POSSIBLE" compression and quality achievable with
      this not yet available format?

      Or is this just the beginning of the format that might be improved upon
      later on?

      Kind of like buying the best available consumer computer of today, and
      expecting it to be the best of the best... for many years to come... ?

      Of course it is not perfect, but it is a good alternative, and I am sure
      that once it is out and about, it will evolve and become better. I wish we
      were already there, where it was perfect, and were everything else in the
      digital and physical world was perfect... but I suspect we will have to wait
      a little for that to become the reality.

      Trausti