44874Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Sharp DOF in 360 spherical pano

  • Michel Thoby
    Oct 1, 2010
      Gregory,

      Le 1 oct. 2010 à 01:46, robert a écrit :

      > > > I use a Samyang 8mm with 4+up+down. What is the best way to get the sharpest DOF for my 360 spherical panos?

      > > Set the lens at full aperture. Set focus at 1.5m. Shoot some testshots to check that it is sharp from 0.7 to infinity.
      > >
      > The Samyang lens is known to have potential problems with it's focus scale alignment. You will probably need to do a series of test shots at various focus settings (possibly the entire range of focus settings) to find one that gets a sharp infinity setting. Be sure to use it wide open when you do this.
      >
      > Search the list for a thread about this issue, you should be able to find a great information source on how to adjust the Samyang and it's variants focus scale if your comfortable with altering your lens.
      >
      > good luck,

      And you may read the article "Review of Samyang 8 mm f/3.5 Proportional Projection Ultra-wide Angle Lens" by Jeffrey R. Charles and especially the chapters 3.4 and 3.5:
      http://www.versacorp.com/vlink/jcreview/sy8rv9jc.pdf

      Best regards,

      Michel