4450Re: 3.8 spherical of Yosemite and others.

  • robert_harshman
    Dec 3, 2006
      > Hi Robert, think you may have missed that you can click on the image
      > and it will open full screen allowing you to explore the full

      Hi Greg,

      Thanks for the update, and yes while I saw and looked at the zoomify?
      presentation or flat presentation, amazing detail, I should have been

      I would love to see the highest res QTVR presentation. I mean if your
      generating a 3.8 gixapixel source image of 90,000 by 45,000 pixels
      then a single cubic face would be around 30,000 pixels? And of course
      the mov file would be massive too even with the highest JPG
      compression possible.

      The QTVR of Yosemite on your site I guess is probably about 2
      megabytes in size and like most highly compressed VR's gets soft very
      quickly if you zoom in. Thats a massive reduction in size from the
      3.8 gigapixels.

      For a DVD version have you found a resonable limit on file size
      verses the ability of the hardware/software to rotate the VR without
      too much stepping or....

      Robert Harshman
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic