42251Sequoia National Park panos (not Mt Whitney!)

  • Ron Rack
    Jun 3, 2010
      Nice panos from the Mt Whitney area by Paul and Roger and the other
      week from J�rgen so I thought I would throw some into the mix. Just
      recently spent 1 day in the area so I could hit only the major tourist
      areas. Actually, I was on the other side (west) of the Sierras in
      Sequoia National Park only a few miles as the crow flies from Mt.
      Whitney. The big trees are on the west side of Sequoia NP and Mt
      Whitney is also in Sequoia NP on the eastern edge. I shot about a
      dozen panos but only have a few posted as of yet. Of course I have
      "General Sherman" the largest tree in the world and a couple other
      sequoias. Also in the pano from the top of Moro Rock, I was able to
      get a few interesting features such as a passing thunderstorm, a
      passing Swift (bird), and a kinda' rare phenomena called a
      "circumhorizontal arc" all in the same pano!

      Moro Rock
      <http://rackphoto.com/pp/2010/05/22/moro-rock-sequoia-national-park/>

      Sequoia Trees
      <http://rackphoto.com/pp/special-projects/sequoia-national-park/>