41408Re: spherical mirror

  • panovrx
    May 3, 2010

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Keith Martin <keith@> wrote:
      >

      > > Yep. Although I'm considering reversing things with the one I have
      > > and projecting a donut image up onto a mirror and out onto the walls
      > > of a room. With a powerful-enough projector it could get interesting.
      > >
      > > I just have to figure out how to turn a properly-made equirect into a
      > > (cylindrical) donut image.
      > >

      > Luc Courchesne does donut projection onto a mirror in his Panoscope 360
      > system for immersive 360 movies
      > http://www.panoscope360.com/
      >
      > I have tried the screen you stand inside of model (with your head poking up thru a hole in the bottom of the screen) once -- and it was very effective. He used the same kind of mirror for capture and projection I think.
      >
      > Now projection on large security mirrors is all the rage for budget dome projection setups too (portable planetaria etc).
      >

      > Peter M

      I checked my memory ---
      The one I tried "The Visitor" model actually uses a planar mirror to turn the projector beam 90 degrees onto a curved projection screen around the viewer. So he is not actually using a dome shaped mirror for projection -- though it is an interestingly direct way of showing mirror ball videos.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic