41388RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: spherical mirror

  • Rick Drew
    May 3, 2010
      Snip: I know of several people who have purchased single shot mirror
      systems.

      I sold mine on ebay a couple of years ago - the doughnut image takes up
      about 70% of the frame - or less. Plus you usually need to crop a little of
      the top and bottom. So with a 10megapixel image, you're using about 7mp.
      That's the max resolution. Then take into consideration problems inherent
      with the mirror (everything from micro-scratches to dust) and the overall
      soft focus. For down and dirty, poor quality, really fast shots, mirrors
      are fine. For quality - forget it.

      Rick Drew