41384Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: spherical mirror

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    May 3 11:38 AM
      I know of several people who have purchased single shot mirror systems.

      NONE of them uses or recommends the use of the systems. Most have tried to
      get some of their money back by selling the mirrors.

      Don't forget that you are taking a picture of a mirror. The mirrors do have
      imperfections in both the reflective material, and the glass... and some of
      the systems do not even use glass... they use plastic. One scratch from a
      grain of dust captured in a cleaning cloth... and it's good bye to that
      mirror. A tiny little imperfection in the glass, will distort a big part of
      the captured image. I have seen some horrible examples... and that is how
      things are.

      If you need to shoot cylindrical 360 video (in mediocre quality)... then go
      ahead and get one of those systems.

      .... you might just as well buy a SONY Bloggie.
      http://www.thefind.com/search?query=sony+bloggie and thereby waste less
      money.

      Trausti