      Von: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com [mailto:PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com]Im
      Auftrag von _kfj
      Gesendet: Sonntag, 2. Mai 2010 21:13
      An: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      Betreff: [PanoToolsNG] spherical mirror

      Hi everybody!
      After several years of amateur panoramas from ordinary cameras and lenses
      I am considering buying a fisheye lens. But: it costs a lot of money and/or
      has chromatic aberration (at least on the edges). So I was wondering about
      spherical mirrors. They ought to be able to produce images of almost the
      whole field of view and have no CA, be lightweight and potentially even
      cheap! Has anyone out there used one (or is there a ready-made
      spherical-mirror-lens around)? And where could one find optical grade
      spherical mirrors if there are no ready-made lenses? How does one go about
      getting the view and not an image of oneself when using a spherical mirror?
      Maybe there are alternatives which aren't spherical but some other convex,
      maybe pointed, shape?
      Thanks
      KFJ