3700Re: Peleng 8mm - Reliable source

    Nov 1, 2006
      On Wednesday, November 01, 2006 at 6:56, blakemichaelson wrote:

      > 1) It appears as though there is a single type of Peleng 8mm with a
      > whole host of different types of mounting adapters... the question -
      > is there an EOS-specific version of this lens, or do I just need to
      > make sure I've got the correct EOS adapter?

      The lens itself has the front side of a T2-adapter where usually as
      back side a M42 ring is attached. For EOS you can use any M42->EOS
      adapter. Only for cameras with a longer sensor-bayonet distance you
      need a special adapter the will screw on the T2 front piece with
      three tiny screws.

      > 2) Where do I purchase this thing? I've yet to hear positive remarks
      > for any internet supplier, or ebay seller (although some have good
      > ratings)... any specific dealer I could be directed towards?

      I bought mine at rugift:
      http://www.rugift.com/photocameras/canon_cameras_lenses.htm but if
      you are outside the EU you probably have to add taxes...

      best regards
      http://www.erik-krause.de/
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic