34125Re: [PanoToolsNG] programming GPU

  • luca vascon
    Nov 5, 2009
      Building from components is the one and only solution to have
      something completely under your control and satisfying your desire.
      Balancing and building your own machine from scratches is a great
      satisfaction, for someone a drug too.
      Having supporting friends (My dad is a kind of freaky mad phisicist)
      is great in your first steps and helpful if you are beginning doing
      something out of schemes.
      My hate for closed systems (like macs) is due to these things too. I
      lack possibility to build my highly specific and very unbalanced
      machines (kind of setup built to support specific applications)
      Cheeers!!
      Luca.

      2009/11/5 Ken Warner <kwarner000@...>:
      > Yes, fun but scary to build from components.  Never know
      > when you'll run into a snag.
      >
      > luca vascon wrote:
      >> I always build myself, with trial and errors ebay bought parts and
      >> liters of tears.
      >> But no tesla boards right now, just a pair of nvidia 8800 in one
      >> machine and an 1gb ati 4870 in the other.
      >> As sooon as somebody implements CUDA or ATI version of the same I'm
      >> ready to invest the money in graphicboards.
      >>
      >> 2009/11/4 Ken Warner <kwarner000@...>:
      >>> Did you build it yourself or did you buy it somewhere?

      >>> --

      Luca Vascon.

      www.canalview.it
      www.officinepanottiche.com