33237Re: [PanoToolsNG] Painting machine pano

  • luca vascon
    Oct 1, 2009
      as soon as you come here I'll make you a speedy WashingMachinePano course...
      Included retouching, levelling and Shot To Remove Yourself!
      ;-P

      However D3 and 360 P, unless you mean the ring, are a bit too heavy for
      these tricks;-P

      2009/10/1 panong_jl <mondrian@...>

      > http://www.john-law.org.uk/standard/pm/index.html
      >
      > You may be interested in this pano of an exhibit at the current MA show
      > here at the art school in Bath. It shows a 'painting machine' which throws
      > paint around the walls of a closed room. The only way to readily pano it was
      > using a horizontal pole.
      >
      > Thanks to the tutorial on http://360texas.com/tips/hpolepano/index.htm I
      > was able to make something usable.
      >
      > You see the room from above with participants to the side as usual.
      > The young artist gazes steadily at his creation while the old artist peers
      > anxiously at the apparatus wondering if his camera will fall into the
      > plaster below.
      >
      > Using a D3 with 10.5 Nikkor on a pole incorporating a 360p head, manfrotto
      > monopod and some tube left by the plumber, 4 images: up, left, down and
      > right were taken in a vertical plane. These were then corrected using PTGui
      > and published using KRPano, two excellent toolkits which get better all the
      > time!
      >

      > JL

      Luca Vascon.

      www.canalview.it