32225Re: [PanoToolsNG] Good to know for photographers in the London (UK) area

  • mczet99@gmail.com
    Sep 4, 2009
      The blog boingboing.net has carried a number of incident reports on
      photographers and police nonsense in the UK. It appears the catch is
      that Section 44 gives police a wide range of discretion to decide what
      is or is not a threat. Additionally, if a police officer happens to be
      in any photo, I believe they are able to declare that threatens them and
      can and likely will act. So, obviously, you will want to avoid any law
      enforcement people being in the field of view as that would be an
      automatic tripwire event.

      Likely, your biggest problem will be with private security guards. They
      will be unlikely to know the law and will often be more aggressive than
      the cops.