32140Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Latest Enfuse

  • Roger Howard
    Sep 2, 2009
      On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 12:42:05 -0000, "pangeasoft" <brian@...>
      > Bracketeer 3.3 will crash if you start fiddling with the sliders. The
      > problem is that Enfuse randomly has problems writing out TIFF files on
      > 10.6. Lots of errors get written to the console, and the resulting TIFF
      > file is corrupt. So corrupt that it'll actually cause even Photoshop to
      > crash if you try to load it.
      > The temporary solution was to release Bracketeer 3.3.1 last night which
      > saves out the files as JPEG since Enfuse seems to be able to do that okay
      > on 10.6. It is a 100% quality JPEG, so there shouldn't be any noticeable
      > artifacting, but I'm hoping I can find a version of Enfuse which can
      > out TIFF files on Snow Leopard.

      Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all you have built over the years and have
      no animus towards you for building Bracketeer (quite the opposite, have
      recommended it several times), but isn't this a *perfect* case of where a
      commercial vendor leveraging open source might want to give back by helping
      fix enfuse (or at least make a good build) for the rest of us, rather than
      waiting for someone else to do it?

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic