      Von: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com [mailto:PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com]Im
      Auftrag von panobanano
      Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. September 2009 04:32
      An: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      Betreff: [PanoToolsNG] Pole pano of a duck

      Well, when I went up to photograph the giant duck I didn't realize how
      close he was to the edge. I thought I would do a standard pano with my
      tripod etc. but for some reason I did drag along my poles and boy I am glad
      I did. When I got there I couldn't see his glasses over the beak so the the
      tripod idea was out. I put together my poles which gives me about 12' tall
      on my camera which got my viewpoint up high enough to see the face. It was
      kinda' windy so the duck was shaking around and I am basically handholding
      and rotating the pole hoping to keep it steady enough to avoid a nightmare
      stitch. I did shoot some brackets but I was able to pull this together from
      just 1 series and made 2 exposures from the original RAW files. I did have
      to shoot 6 around and then bring down my pole and move the camera to the up
      position and then raise the pole back up and hoped to get it close enough to
      the original position for the up shot. Anyway it wasn't too bad just some
      minor retouching with the skew tool to get some lines back together. I also
      had to reconstruct the area where I was standing and remove my shadow from
      the duck.