2963Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Flat pano(zoomify)comments please?

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Oct 2, 2006
      On 2 Oct 2006 at 17:00, Yiorgos Teo wrote:

      > There is an open source project IIPimage:
      > http://iipimage.sourceforge.net/index.shtml
      >
      > The processing is done on the server and the image is
      > served through either of two clients, one is java the other
      > is in javascript.
      >
      > One drawback I see vs Zoomify is possible load on the server
      > is there are a lot of requests. I say this not having any idea
      > what kind of load it imposes on the server.

      Thanks for the tip. I tested the demos, and the world map never showed up when I zoomed
      into it. Te others worked, but not as fast as Zoomify. Besides I may have problems
      installing the server at my web hotel I guess?
      But maybe if I get some big clients with their own server?

      > Also, for those who like to do gigapixel panos and are not
      > blessed with pockets deep enough for the latest and greatest
      > in computer equipment, there is another open source project
      > called VIPS:
      > http://www.vips.ecs.soton.ac.uk/index.php?title=VIPS

      Interesting. I dl'ed it and will test it. I usually don't have problems opening files in
      PS, but sometimes in AcDSee, which I also use for some simple image adjustments.

      > By the way, you can see the gigapixel pano I did here:
      > http://www.hellas.net/index.php?entry=entry060312-114333
      >
      > It's a view of the city of Athens taken from Mt. Lycabetus
      > the tallest point in the city (I think). Displayed
      > in Zoomify.

      Very nice :)
      But where are all the people? I looked around, but couldn't find a single person on any
      of all those roof tops? I guess I didn't check all of them... ;)

      --
      bk@... // Bjørn Kåre Nilssen http://bknilssen.no/
      Kristiansand, Norway