2955Re: d e parameters

  • JD Smith
    Oct 2, 2006
      On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 20:48:37 +0200, Erik Krause wrote:

      >> How large of a shift is typical? Does anyone have recommendations for
      >> good test images to assess whether d and e should be nonzero (standard
      >> "building at a distance"?).
      >
      > I simply optimize them and the result is much better afterwards. For a
      > digital camera with a fixed focal length lens optimization of per image d
      > and e parameters might not be necessary. For our D70 they are pretty
      > constant at about 13 and 9 pixels...

      Sorry, yes I meant for non-scanned digital images. I find about 20
      and 18 pixels on my D50, but it likely depends on the lens. If you allow
      per-image d and e on your D70, how much variation do you find? I could
      see that being a somewhat poorly constrained optimization direction.

      JD
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic