26621Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Panorama from Google Earth

  • Caroling Geary
    Feb 3, 2009
      How about the new updating process for getting Google Earth 5? At
      least on my Mac it is now very intrusive. I had to update from
      Google Earth 4.xxx
      I really didn't like what Google made me do. Instead of a direct
      download, it said it had devised a better way, where it downloads a
      program that always runs on my computer and provides automatic
      updates. It didn't leave me an alternative, so I said OK. Now I've
      got a googling program with unknown and unlimited access to my computer.

      On Feb 2, 2009, at 10:58 PM, Chris Thomas wrote:

      > I raised concerns about Google's "fine print" 18 months ago.

      Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic