26615RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Panorama from Google Earth

  • Chris Thomas
    Feb 2, 2009
      I raised concerns about Google's "fine print" 18 months ago.

      Some people on this list laughed it off as alarmist.

      Google is a "Mega Corporation", just starting to Flex it's muscles.

      They've been caught playing "fast and loose" in book authors rights.

      Photographers should not expect any better.

      Here's a link to understand what has happened in the book world!

      My personal feeling is that Google is no place for "art" anyway.

      If the work being posted is strictly "documentary" or "discriptive" it's
      probably not much of a rise to go with them.

      If it's a valued creation... perhaps more caution should be used and it
      shouldn't go on Google.

      It's an individual call... whether it's worth it to you.

      For the right business plan it might not matter.

      Chris Thomas

      cell... 604-649-5352

      In North America