25693Image editing problem/question...

  • Ken Warner
    Jan 2, 2009
      Hi,

      Did a cylinder last summer. I screwed up as usual and
      overexposed everything I did that day.

      I managed to recover a set of images to about 80% of what
      I want but part of the sky is really blown out. It's heavily
      banded just above the horizon.

      In general, what is the approach to minimizing the ugly banding.
      You can see what I'm talking about here --

      http://pancyl.com/images/ConvictLakePathThumb.jpg

      In the center, the ugly banding just above the horizon.

      The same thing is around the Sun but I figure that sort of fits
      into the semi-surreal mood of the piece. Maybe the banding
      on the horizon does too.

      What would you do?
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic