24317Re: Orchestra panorama

  • Hans Nyberg
    Nov 4, 2008

      > That looks really scary. Have you ever had an accident?

      Its much easier and safer than it looks on image.
      Outdoor you almost never have a surface which is not safe.
      Indoors carpets are safe. On a slippery surface like the one on my images you just need a
      pad under.
      But actually in most cases you do not need the extra monopod leg.
      Extending the 3rd leg on the tripod 20 cm and one foot on it is enough usually.
      And for 1/25 sec or faster you do not even need that, just hold the tripod with one hand.

      > I prefer using a tripod with a center column, then you can raise it and
      > swing it back over the nadir, and use a counter weight on the center columns
      > hook.

      I tried that but that really scared me. Even just 30 cm from the center you get a lot of
      weight. It needs a heavy tripod. Forget about Carbon