24225Re: Some more tests on Optimal Cubefaces.

    Nov 1, 2008
      Am Saturday, November 01, 2008 um 15:03 schrieb Philipp B. Koch:

      > I'm using Eric Gerds' DOSUP (Pano2Faces.bat) for conversion. As far as I
      > know it's using spline64 as interpolator. So do you think I could expect
      > good results when applying the "simplified rule of 70" (e.g. divide
      > equirectangular image width by 4.5) here? (Good enough to use it as
      > standard workflow)?

      spline64 isn't an anti-aliasing interpolator hence it's not optimal
      for downsizing. You can specify different interpolators on the DOSUP
      command line, but it seems to be limited to the "old" panotools
      interpolators.

      If you have a more recent panotools version (pano12 version 2.7.10 or
      newer) you can use the anti-alaising interpolators: open
      pano2faces.bat in notepad (or similar text editor) and locate the
      lines (numbers 369 and 370 in the current version)

      SET interpolate=i4
      SET interp=spline64

      Change them to

      SET interpolate=i19
      SET interp=Mitchell

      for a neutral or

      SET interpolate=i21
      SET interp=Lanczos3

      for a sharpening anti-aliasing interpolator. The i-numbers correspond
      to the ID in http://wiki.panotools.org/Anti-aliasing_interpolators

      best regards

      Offenburger Str. 33
      79108 Freiburg