24209Re: Some more tests on Optimal Cubefaces.

  • philipp_koch_als_name_gibts_oft
    Nov 1, 2008
      Hans,

      thanks for your efforts to share your findings with us! Hhm, but I
      must admit I'm not sure if I do understand this correctly. Do you mean
      it's possible to shrink the equirectangular image to 70% of its
      original size and divide the corresponding image width by pi without
      visible image detail loss? Sorry, maybe this is a dumb question, but I
      simply could not get the same values when looking at the example on
      your website.

      To make it simple: Say, there is an equirectangular image with 1000 x
      500 px.

      1000 x 0.7 = 700
      700 / pi = 222.8169203

      So, one could shrink the equirectangular image to 700 x 350 px in
      Photoshop and convert this image to six 222 x 222 px cube faces?

      Or am I getting something totally wrong here?

      Thanks in advance,
      Philipp

      > I have made some more tests on the optimal cubeface sizes.
      > http://www.panoramas.dk/cubefaces/
      >
      > Hans

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic