24206Re: Some more tests on Optimal Cubefaces.

  • erik leeman
    Nov 1, 2008
      > Sorry you are right, I have exchanged them to CubicConverter movies.
      >
      > I have discovered that Pano2VR seems to have problems with downsizing.
      > The 1904 is softer than the CubicConverter version.
      >
      > Hans

      I think for a valid comparison you should do the scaling and
      sharpening in Photoshop, carefully optimizing each set to the highest
      possible quality attainable for that size. Now too much depends on the
      perhaps less fortunate settings and limitations of those VR tools.

      After finding what is technically possible with t.l.c. in Photoshop,
      some experimentation is necessary to see if those VR tools can come
      close to that, and how they need to be set up for the best possible
      results.

      Since I produce only a limited volume of panos I do all my scaling and
      sharpening in Photoshop. For me it is worth the extra time and effort.

      Erik Leeman

      http://www.erikleeman.com/
      http://flickr.com/photos/erik-nl/
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic