23409Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Papervision 3D

  • Ken Warner
    Oct 1, 2008
      > Define slower computers.

      uhhh... How about a Win2K; 800mg PIII; 512meg mem. I think
      that's slow.

      In the middle, it was responsive. But it slowed down to the point of
      stopping on the "backside" of the pano and WTF are those green lines
      for?The quality wasn't much different than other Flash panos. But
      the interface SUUUCKED!

      Hans Nyberg wrote:
      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "sphereworks" <sphereworkspete@...> wrote:
      >
      >>I see... A Flash designer I know still isn't to keen on using our
      >>images because of performance problems on slower computers. Personaly
      >>I'm more than happy with the performance of the Flash panos I produce
      >>with Pano2VR - I can't see any wavy lines or shimmering with it.
      >

      > Define slower computers.
      >
      > My standard work station is a Mac dual core 2.0 G5 from 2003.
      >
      > I use a a 23" cinema and a 32" LCD TV as second monitor-
      > I look at digital TV with Eye TV at the same time as I look at panoramas.
      > EyeTV uses 40% CPU Safari 60 -100
      > The panoramas I publish at panoramas.dk with FPP are smoother than the QTVR versions
      > and there is minimal wavy lines.
      >
      > The Papervision you linked to is however impossible to navigate also on my newer
      > MacBook Pro both in OSX and Windows.
      >
      > Hans

    • Show all 33 messages in this topic