21859Lucid Viewer 2.2 beta | 3D Collada Model Demo

  • jasonvillmer
    Aug 1, 2008
      The upcoming version of Lucid Viewer will support fully interactive, 3D models in the
      Collada file format. Collada models can be created from a number of 3D applications, such
      as Maya, Blender, Sketchup Pro, and 3D Max.

      A demonstration can be seen at http://www.lucid.it/collada
      This demonstration is processor-demanding so it isn't recommended that you play the
      background video scene. Click and drag on both the Tank and Cow to manipulate their
      rotation in 3D space. The paintings on the wall additionally demonstrate standard object
      interactivity, such as tweening.

      For those Lucid Viewer developers who would like to take a closer look at the project, I'm
      offering it as a free download at http://www.lucid.it/collada.zip.
      This project incorporates Lucid Viewer's full potential, including a fully spherical video
      scene, interactive objects and now interactive, 3D models.

      I'll be putting together video tutorials beginning next week, including media files.
      I will additionally be making this 2.2 release available for formal download next week as
      well, after all bugs and tweaks have been made.
      I'll be out this weekend so I won't be able to respond to your comments. Enjoy the demo.

      Sincerely,
      Jason Villmer
      www.villmer.com
      jason@...